Lead Unity Engineer (Remote, Contract)
Glow Up Games is a new NYC-centered game studio currently building a talented and diverse team to help us work on an exciting new (unannounced) mobile game tie-in to a popular premium TV show.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Unity Engineer who is interested in joining our multi-talented team. Engineers should be competent and reliable working in Unity/C#, across gameplay, UI, deployment, and more. An ideal candidate should have a creative aptitude for figuring out how to solve difficult problems, and be passionate about contributing to the team in a number of creative and technical ways — from ideas, to prototype, to release, to live ops. We’re a small and friendly team, and we believe that all disciplines of development are crucial to great game design.
We’re especially interested in folks who are experienced in building solid and scalable products in the mobile space, who demonstrate a broad skill set across game development and deployment. Previous experience working in the mobile space is a must, with preference for folks who have worked on free-to-play games previously. This is a great opportunity to work on an impactful mobile title set to release in 2020.
We also want folks who are great at working with a friendly and diverse team. We’re passionate about working together to build a team environment that feels not only supportive, but joyful and affirming, for people of all backgrounds.
This is a remote short-term contract position which, if the candidate is interested, has the potential to become full-time employment plus benefits, and other opportunities for advancement.
Are you someone who can:
- Work creatively and competently to solve sometimes complex technical issues?
- Write scalable and easily maintainable code?
- Demonstrate that you’ve worked in a significant capacity on existing mobile titles in Unity?
- Integrate existing toolsets and APIs that you’ve never worked with before?
- Work to build and architect complex server/client features?
- Work with a friendly and agile team across a broad set of features?
- Identify the need for, and build and maintain internal tools and plugins?
- Build new SDKs enabling new features and functionality?
If this sounds anything like you, then we want to hear from you! Within the role of Lead Unity Engineer, responsibilities could include:
- Leading and mentoring a team of engineers on game engineering tasks.
- Identifying and articulating technical and production risks and obstacles and offer solutions.
- Dealing with live problems as they arise and creatively building lasting solutions.
- Architecting and coding for sophisticated client/server systems.
- Directing engineering resources to match business and production goals.
- Collaborating with design, engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions to game requirements.
- Implementing game systems with attention to security, reliability, scalability, maintainability and performance.